Saturday, December 8, 2012

Robin van Persie has no regrets after choosing United over City

The former Arsenal striker says he is 'having the time of his life' at Old Trafford and believes he chose the right club ahead of Sunday's Manchester derby at the Etihad Stadium

Robin van Persie believes he made the right move in choosing Manchester United over Manchester City last summer.
The 29-year-old has found the back of the net 13 times since his summer switch from Arsenal and says he has no regrets after turning down an approach from Manchester City.

The Dutchman will lead United's attack at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday but doesn't expect a hostile reception from the City supporters after rejecting a move to the champions.

"Not really," he replied when asked if he expected a hostile reception.
"I made my mind up very quickly and I am coming into work with a big smile on my face every day. It is not really work, it is my hobby. I love football but everyone has been so nice to me and I have been having the time of my life here.
"So I don't regret that, but of course in a derby you have lots of people involved – fans and players – everyone is really committed and wants their team to win and we will do all we can to win this game."
RVP STRIKES FIRST
11/2 Paddy Power are offering a Money Back Special on Robin van Persie scoring the opener in the Manchester derby at odds of 11/2
Van Persie has experienced big derby match-ups in north London and during his time with Feyenoord, but Sunday will be the Dutchman's first experience of the Manchester derby.
He added: "Yeah, it's a big one straight away and I am looking forward to it because it's No.1 versus No.2 at the moment and hopefully we can stretch it [United's advantage].
"The Premier League over the last couple of years has been exciting, lots of big scorers, peculiar scores, so we will see what happens this time."
 


No comments:

Post a Comment