Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ronaldo: Manchester United is in the past, Madrid is my home now

Cristiano Ronaldo has suggested he could end his career with Real Madrid after signing a new contract, playing down any possible return to Manchester United in the future.


The Portugal star has signed a five-year contract extension, potentially keeping him at the Bernabeu until 2018.

And despite there being enquiries regarding the former Old Trafford man's availability, the 28-year-old is settled in Spain and has no intention of leaving, despite his ties to the reigning Premier League champions.

"I will be honest with you. Everyone knows I was in Manchester for six years, they gave me many things, and I don't forget that," he said after signing his new deal.

"But Manchester is the past, now it's Madrid. This is my home, my family's here, I'm really happy here.

"I respect the clubs who knocked on the door to ask about me, but they always knew my only goal was to be here and to play at this club, maybe until the end of my career.

"Nobody knows the future, but I'm going to be here for five more years and I just want to win trophies for this club. I try to do my best, like always."

Ronaldo was on target for Madrid alongside new signing Gareth Bale as Carlo Ancelotti's side drew 2-2 with Villarreal on Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment